Understanding The Property Tax System
Property taxes are local taxes that provide the largest source of money local governments use to pay for schools, streets, roads, police, fire protection and many other services. Texas law establishes the process followed by local officials in determining the value for property, ensuring that values are equal and uniform, setting tax rates and collecting taxes. Texas has no state property tax. The Legislature has authorized local governments to collect the tax. The state does not set tax rates, collect taxes or settle disputes between you and your local governments.
- 2022 Appraisal Notices on Their Way to Bosque County Property Owners
- Values – Texas Association of Appraisal Districts Issues Guidance
- Bosque CAD Passes Comptroller MAP Review with 100%
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers 2022
- New Year Provides New Benefits for Property Owners with Homestead Exemptions