The Board of Directors Role in the Property Tax System
The local property tax system follows the principle of checks and balances. An appraisal district board of directors hires the chief appraiser, sets the budget and appoints the appraisal review board members. The directors have no authority to set values or appraisal methods. The chief appraiser carries out the appraisal district’s legal duties, hires the staff, makes the appraisals and operates the appraisal office.
- 2022 Appraisal Notices on Their Way to Bosque County Property Owners
- Values – Texas Association of Appraisal Districts Issues Guidance
- Bosque CAD Passes Comptroller MAP Review with 100%
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers 2022
- New Year Provides New Benefits for Property Owners with Homestead Exemptions