The Board of Directors Role in the Property Tax System
The local property tax system follows the principle of checks and balances. An appraisal district board of directors hires the chief appraiser, sets the budget and appoints the appraisal review board members. The directors have no authority to set values or appraisal methods. The chief appraiser carries out the appraisal district’s legal duties, hires the staff, makes the appraisals and operates the appraisal office.
- Updated Property Tax Information Now Available for Texas Taxpayers 2022
- New Year Provides New Benefits for Property Owners with Homestead Exemptions
- Website Provides Information on Property Tax Rates Property
- Disabled & Veteran Exemptions
- Who Are Appraisers? & Why is my Property Tax so High?